Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 17 - There are lots of ways FREE ways to spread holiday cheer!

Hi everyone! You are all doing so great. So great that you have inspired me to get more creative with the last WEEK of the 2014 Merry Movement. Many people have been extremely generous this year and I wanted to think of some FREE ways to spread holiday cheer.

Here are my ideas (some are stolen from our fellow moment makers):
  • Caroling (The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!)
  • Clothing Donations (clean out your closet!)
  • Leave a holiday note for your mail carrier, garbage man, landscaper etc. 
  • Bag someone's groceries at the grocery store 
  • Stand and hold the door for a dozen people (anywhere!)
  • Clip coupons and leave them on the product for the next customer
  • Donate your TIME to volunteer at the organization for your choice
  • Give blood to the Red Cross
  • Return cans/bottles for a deposit but give the voucher to someone to cash
134. I gave $20 "from Santa" to a teacher I know to buy two students school shirts so they can wear them on school pride day and not feel excluded.

135. A friend picked up things I bought at a store over the phone and delivered them to me so I didn't have to do it alone with my two baby girls.

136. My friend surprised me with coffee when she came to borrow my sewing machine.

137. Brought in holiday treats for my coworkers in a different department.

138. Brought cookies for my basketball team to have on the bus ride.

139. Gave a friend two custom made mugs because I knew she would enjoy them. 

140. Have a coke and a smile. Left quarters in the vending machine for the next person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment