Friday, December 12, 2014

Day 12, 13, 14 - Another big weekend for making merry moments!

91. Mailed several holiday cards to close friends to spread holiday cheer!

92. Sent a coffee e-giftcard to someone who needed a pick me up.

93. Gave a much needed (and unexpected gift to a friend).

94. Found out that a member of my community, who I don't personally know, had his Christmas tree stolen from his driveway last night. I sent him a message this morning offering to replace it.

95. Gave our delivery man a Christmas treat in addition to a generous tip.

96. Guys next to my house were bbqing for a company party - caterers. Gave em a 6 pack. 

97. Made a bunch of paper snowflakes with a plan to decorate but making them was the real merry moment and half the fun.

98. Today I swept out the bottom bays for the Home and Beauty Aids crew. Then I recycled cardboard for one of the crew from Photo Electronics.

99. I took a coworker to coffee for lunch, and will probably end up on Santa's naughty list for doing it. I had to take my lunch an hour late in order for the coffee shop to be open when we went. :)

100. Left a $20 Starbucks gift card for the next customer.

101. Treated family and friends to a hot holiday drink.

102. Made a donation to support a Christmas concert.

103. I purchased Jammie's and winter clothes for a little girl in need today.

104. I had a full coffee punch card and asked the barista to use it for the next person that came in :)

105. Shopped for some of the gifts for people on the work giving tree.

106. Today I filled up a plate lunch card from my favorite Hawaiian restaurant. Then, I gave my card away so the next person could get the free lunch.

107. My four-year-old daughter brought the umbrella from her drink home. She gave it to a bug that may want to stay dry.

108. My 19-year-old went to Panda's with his buddy. They passed a pregnant homeless woman on the street. He came home asking for dinner because he said, "I had to give her my food." :)

109. Helped a neighbor with some chores in his yard.

110. I surprised my wife by decorating our front window and porch with Christmas lights and decorations while she was out with a friend.

111. I left candy canes on random cars in the parking lot at the grocery store.

112.I have friends who each lost loved ones recently, so I took the time to send them each a note to let them know I was thinking about them and sending them love.

113.We found out that the neighbor's Christmas lights weren't working; his wife had been to several stores in town and wasn't able to find any replacement bulbs. We went through our lights and gave him several packs of our own bulbs.

114. I was the recipient of a very Merry Moment. Someone anonymously sent me crafting supplies. Thank you to whomever is responsible!

115. We mailed off a surprise "just because" gift to our friends.

116. We generously tipped our server at dinner even though service was a bit "off". We figured she was having a rough night and might need a reason to smile.

117. I surprised someone by running an errand for them since they didn't have time to take care of it themselves.

118. While out walking my dog I noticed that the neighbor's trash can had blown open and over; there was trash in the street and on the side walk. I picked up the litter in the neighborhood and set the trash can back upright so that my neighbor wouldn't have to worry about it when she got home.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post!! I am also planning hard to make this Christmas day memorable. I am going to host a company party too in the office so I have been finding some indoor company party ideas. I wonder if you could share some ideas!!

    ReplyDelete