Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 3 - Be merry

14. Bought the patron behind him a holiday coffee drink.

15. Bought lunch for the lady behind her in the drive thru at Taco Bell.

16. Passed on her surprise stocking, filled with holiday treats, to another coworker.

17. Donated to the Salvation Army.

18. {Baked cookies for the doctors and nurses at urgent care.

19. Her son brought gifts to the Fire station toy drive and then donated some money to the Make a Wish Foundation in preparation for our Wish Upon a WOD fundraiser.

20. I her former husband a text telling him I'm sorry for the role I played in our failed marriage. I've been playing the blame game for a long time. Our thread ended with a mutual desire to be more like friends and less like exes.

21. Donated new children's sweatpants to CARES NW Emergency closet.

22. A young engineering student at my work posted a cute clock he liked on Facebook. Each hour was written with an equation. I ordered it from Amazon and left it at work for him. :)

23. Support the Wounded Warrior Project.

24. A friend of mine learned yesterday that her unborn child has a virus that may cause a host of complications from blindness to stillbirth. She called me in tears because her doctor had called her in to "discuss her options" and she was being pressured by others to terminate the pregnancy. I asked her if she knew for certain that her child was going to be born with any of these disabilities what would she want to do. She said, "Have her." I told her she had her answer. I'd support her any way I can. Today I decorated a pink stocking with baby girl's name on it in anticipation of her first Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment